Sunday, July 10, 2011

Charmed, I'm sure.....not

When it comes to tv, it's been a long time.  I have never paid for cable and years ago I got rid of my antenna.  I don't even know how to get tv nowadays.  Until recently I had never even paid money for a television, but also until recently I'd never been married and husbands and televisions seem to go hand-in-hand. I do pay for Netflix though.

So I had never seen the tv show "Charmed."  I've been wanting to see it, but I don't want to put the discs in my Netflix cue because we only get two at a time and it seemed like a waste.  I have been waiting and waiting for Netflix to stream it and now it does!

I was so excited when I saw that one evening and couldn't wait until the next day when I had the house to myself to watch some of it.  After my husband left for work I went into the studio to do some work and watch me some Charmed.  Finally.


It was stupid.

I was so disappointed in how formulaic and stupid I found the show. I didn't even think the actresses were very attractive or stylish.  I'd been looking forward to what? eight seasons of shows about witches.  Strong female lead witches at that.

That is the one thing about the one show I watched;  those girls got out of their predicament on their own--no male rescuers.

My husband tells me that Season One is the least stupid season of that show, but then he reminded me that Rose McGowan joined the cast a few seasons down the road so maybe I will give it another show sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment