Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Still not so charmed. Sigh.

So I jumped ahead in the Charmed adventure to the season that begins with Prue's funeral (I did sorta tear up a little.  The thought of burying my siblings has that kind of effect on me) and where Paige comes into the picture et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

I was sorely disappointed by it.  I thought Rose McGowan would really add a bit of spark to it, and she did.  But the other two are so irritating that it doesn't matter.  And the White Lighters--don't get me started.  Aren't angels sexless?  How are they screwing around and having kids?  I suppose I should watch more of the earlier seasons before I get any more snarky about it.

The long and the short of it is that I won't be watching Charmed as I industriously create stuff in my studio.  I will have to find some other nice, long tv series to watch.  Suggestions on this are most welcome.  I have already watched the X-Files three times through in case anyone was wondering.

In other Pagan news, I have launched Frankly Tarot.


The name is not my idea, but was generously suggested by Patti Phare-Camp at the Tarot Guild.  Another idea was Cranky Frankie Tarot.  But that sounds rather less inviting I think.

For more details, and to order a really wonderful, and frank reading, go to the Frankly Tarot page.  There you will see my lovely mug smiling out at you as well.  I also have a couple of workshops and classes in my repertoire which I will be posting about soon.  Until then, and as always, contact me for more details.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, watching long tv series while doing other projects. I laughed when I heard you had never seen Charmed, oh man....it's like that show is for people with zero interest or knowledge of anything occult.

    Some series I liked are THE DEAD ZONE, MEDIUM, JERICHO, JEREMIAH, TRAILER PARK BOYS, PERSONS UNKNOWN, PSYCH, PARTY DOWN....most are occult themed, and some comedy series thrown in. Then there are all the Star Trek series, if you've never seen Voyager, it's really good.

    Also, there is an audio book called SEPULCHRE by KATE MOSSE....it's a great book, historical fiction with a strong Tarot theme throughout. I'm listening to it now, it's really well written, the author knows a lot about tarot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, Shannon Rae. I will definately check some of those things out. I remember reading a Stephen King book called the Dead Zone lo, these many years ago.

    ReplyDelete